Check-Cap is a clinical-stage medical diagnostics company developing C-Scan®, the first capsule-based system for preparation-free, colorectal cancer screening. Utilizing innovative ultra-low dose X-ray and wireless communication technologies, our capsule generates information on the contours of the inside of the colon as it passes naturally. This information is used to create a 3D map of the colon, which allows physicians to look for polyps and other abnormalities. Designed to improve the patient experience and increase the willingness of individuals to participate in recommended colorectal cancer screening, C-Scan® removes many frequently-cited barriers, such as laxative bowel preparation, invasiveness, and sedation.
If you are passionate about the electronic design of medical devices which will influence millions throughout the world, we are offering a unique and great opportunity for talented people, to help us build and ensure our products meet the highest standards.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our company.
Responsibilities & Authorities:
- Working on a multi-disciplinary project – motion dynamics, water sealing solutions , environmental , electro plastic packaging , precise mechanical design.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished- product and system capabilities
- Responsible for Subsystem design life cycle: Concept & feasibility testing, full-scale product design, Design verification, and Design Validation
- Mechanical design derived from specifications (as well as writing specifications), as part of a multi-disciplinary team of parts and assemblies while using off-the-shelf components, using 3D Solidworks design package. Presenting the design in technical design reviews at the levels of concept and detail design is a part of this position.
- Developing creative design solutions in response to the product requirements of functionality, reliability, cost and manufacturability.
- Building safety files for products, including strength calculations, failure modes analysis (FMEA), compliance with safety and medical industrial standards as well as internal Comapny standards.
- Manage design & production Sub-Contractors.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years proven working experience in mechanical engineering design
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA)
- Extensive CAD experience – SolidWorks
- Experience with different manufacturing technologies such as Plastics, Sheet Metal, CNC, Structures, applying adhesive solutions.
- Designing electro-mechanical solution , knowledge on ECAD and electro mechanical components , working with HW Engineer.
- Designing and working in medical device R&D environment is an advantage.
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to do Tol. Analysis and fabricate 2D drawings according to ASME Y-14.
- Ability to work according to ISO 13485 management system standards, certification.
- Technical writing skills in Hebrew and English